Wednesday, December 21, 2011

New Year, New You: Week 1

Time to clean your house.

Is your time being well spent?

Just because someone hands you a big rock doesn't mean you have to carry it.




Time to clean your house.
I rearranged my bedroom the other day so now I actually have space to move around. I still don't really have a ritual space carved out, though I've been using a shelf for candlework (post on my recent use of hoodoo coming tomorrow).

I need to finish getting everything squared-away post move, but already the cleanliness has made such a difference. Feng shui warns that I shouldn't ever put my bed in front of a window or the qi will keep me up all night, but I love sleeping here. I guess feng shui can't handle the intricacies of the energy eddies a practitioner relies on.

Is your time being well spent?

I've been largely squandering it of late, to be sure, but today was very productive. I need to get into the habit of walking 30 minutes a day and meditating when I wake up; we'll see how tomorrow goes.

Just because someone hands you a big rock doesn't mean you have to carry it.

I used to be much better at this, but lately I've been slowly getting back to where I used to be, anxiety-wise. I have appointments with a really cool psychoanalyst, so I think I'm definitely on the right track, though I also need to remember how much using my mala beads helps when I'm feeling overwhelmed.


This was a really boring post for anyone who's not me, I'm sure. Tomorrow when I have brain I'll write about feng shui and hoodoo and how I reconcile them.

No comments:

Post a Comment